[texhax] fatal errors with footnote italics for critical edition

Uwe Lueck uwe.lueck at web.de
Tue Jun 30 21:41:12 CEST 2009

<crebecca at uchicago.edu> schrieb am 30.06.2009 16:51:08:

> Other macros: \edt = \edtext  \A = Afootnote  \B = Bfootnote
>
> \edt{ananas}{\A{\I{Ananasses} F; Anana's H}}{\B{pineapples (Fr. \I{ananas})}},

I cannot afford analyzing this in detail right now, but the footnote commands must be in the second argument of \edtext=\edt, while here it ends before \B, it looks as if \B were in a third argument of \edt, but it simply is a footnote command in some braces group somewhere in the main text. You may avoid a "fatal error" dropping italicization, but I expect that something strange will happen even then, as long as you don't obey the proper syntax.

HTH -- Uwe.