[texhax] can't install tex

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Sun Jun 28 23:16:08 CEST 2009

On 27 June 2009 Betty Harmsen wrote:

 > I have the 2008 DVD for Tex Live.  I installed it on my Macintosh
 > and it a was simple one-step process.  But I cannot figure out how
 > to install it on a PC.  It seems extremely complicated and reading
 > the pdf file only confuses me more.  Is it supposed to be that much
 > harder to put in on a PC?

Hi Betty,
no, it's quite easy too.  You have to run install-tl.bat.  And then
click on the [Install TeX Live] button.  If this doesn't work, please
provide more information.  Don't be confused about the many options
which allows you to configure the system.  The default values are fine
and you don't have to change anything (except if you prefer letter
size to A4).

But you can ignore this, you can use the "TeX Live Manager" in order
to configure these things later.  It's sufficient to run the installer
and click on the [Install TeX Live] button.

Please explain what you've done and what happened.

Regards,
  Reinhard

Marschnerstr. 25