[texhax] columns, tables, margins?

Edward mansager at gmail.com
Wed Jul 29 00:19:13 CEST 2009

I'm afraid I can't draw up a page, but I'll try to describe it more simply:

This is for a book where each page will have two columns, the inner columns
(holding the main content) being wider than the outter columns (holding
comments). There are some places where I need to stop using columns to span
text the length of the page.

If you can picture this, you would understand why tables with "left" and
"right" lengths won't work. The closest I've come is adjusting margins using
marginpar for the comments, but this does not allow for easily inserting
text the full length of the page.
Does this clear things up at all?

Thank you for your interest in helping,
Edward