[texhax] Beamer, WinEdt

Afshartous, David DAfshartous at med.miami.edu
Sat Jul 25 20:45:47 CEST 2009

All,

I'm trying to create a presentation with beamer and MikTeX 2.7 with WinEdt
5.5 on XP.

Previously, this worked with MikTeX 2.6 but now it doesn't work since I've
installed MikTeX 2.7. Looking at MikTeX options --> Roots, I see that I
still have C:\Program Files\MikTeX 2.6 set as the installation directory, so
perhaps this is causing the problem.  However, there is no option to remove
this when I click on it in the root list.

As my problems seem to have started after updating to MikTeX 2.7, I tried to
remove MikTeX 2.7 from the root list but this resulted in error "unexpected
condition" in MikTeX problem report.  I also made sure to refresh FNDB under
MikTeX options but no luck.

Any other diagnostics I should try to sort this out?  This must be something
simple since things were working find before.

Thanks!
David

David Afshartous, Ph.D.
Research Assistant Professor
University of Miami, Miller School of Medicine
Division of Clinical Pharmacology
1500 N.W. 12th Avenue, 15th Floor West
Miami, Florida 33136

E-mail: afshar at med.miami.edu