[texhax] Examples of books written using LaTeX/TeX and related tools

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sat Jul 4 11:05:24 CEST 2009

Tom:

> Axel:
>
>> Also, UIT could appear in Tom Schneider's list of publishers that use
>> TeX and/or LaTeX:
>>
>> http://www.ccrnp.ncifcrf.gov/~toms/latex.html#tex-latex_publishers
>
> Thanks for alerting me.  I'd not looked closely at the original
> posting.  Fortunately my procmail shoves email in my face that has my
> name in it so I woke up at that point!
>
> I added UIT Cambridge to the list at:
>
> http://www.ccrnp.ncifcrf.gov/~toms/latex.html#LaTeX_styles
>
> Totally cool: "Our typesetting system of choice is LaTeX".

Indeed. UIT seems to be a very new publishing house, and we should
wish them the best of lucks.

On the other hand, they recommend MetaPost for non-GUI preparation of
graphics, but I think that's the hardest system to master for a
newbie, while TikZ is relatively easy to learn and very powerful, as
we can see in Kjell Magne Fauske's  TikZ showcase:

http://www.texample.net/tikz/

And, of course, there is PSTricks.

Best,

Axel