[texhax] Source of TikZ manual

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at morningstar2.co.uk
Wed Dec 16 16:04:44 CET 2009

On 16/12/2009 14:42, Steven Woody wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 16, 2009 at 7:06 PM, Axel E. Retif<axel.retif at mac.com>  wrote:
>> On  16 Dec, 2009, at 01:51, Steven Woody wrote:
>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I am reading the TikZ manual in PDF format.  I feel the format and graphics in the document is so much beautiful so I desire to check out its latex source.  Is it public accessible and how can I get it?
>>
>> If you're using TeXLive 2009, it's here:
>>
>> /usr/local/texlive/2009/texmf-dist/doc/generic/pgf
>>
>> The chapters are in the subdirectory ``text-en''.
>>
>> As for your previous question,
>>

> Thanks. But did you every try to build the pdf from the sources? There
> is a Makefile under the directory and when I run 'make' in it,  I got
> an error:  "can not open pgfmanual.tex", but the file does exist in
> the directory.  I then checked the Makefile, there is a TEXTINPUTS
> definition, but I did not see any problem. It's strange ...

I suspect the Makefile is mainly for Till, etc. Using a copy of the CVS
source of pgf, I got things to compile by moving pgfmanual.tex and the
config file into the same place as all the .tex sources, doing a bit of
hand editing and then letting things run. (I'm on Windows anyway, so the
Makefile is no use here!)
--
Joseph Wright