[texhax] Create standalone graphics using TikZ

Joseph Wright joseph.wright at uea.ac.uk
Wed Dec 16 09:10:04 CET 2009

On 16/12/2009 07:48, Steven Woody wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am learning TikZ language and will mainly use it in latex documents.
>   But I still think about a question:  Beside of creating graphics for
> latex documents, can I also use TikZ to create standalone graphics in
> other format, e.g, eps, so that I can use the graphics in documents
> with other formats?
>
> Thanks a lot.

As long as you using LaTeX to make them, yes. I've just written quite a
large paper which has to be submitted in Word, in which all of my graphs
are done using pgfplots (which is built on pgf/Tikz). Look at the
"externalisation" part of Tikz. This lets you extract out EPS images,
which you can then use for whatever.
--
Joseph Wright