[texhax] biblatex package and Bibliography problems

Henrik Frisk frisk.h at gmail.com
Tue Dec 8 23:09:12 CET 2009

On Mon, Dec 7, 2009 at 12:29 PM, Ulrike Fischer <news3 at nililand.de> wrote:

> Updating a large package like biblatex when you are approaching a
> deadline and when you don't actually know that your problem will be
> resolved by an update is asking for trouble. Are you sure that you
> did install the new version correctly and that is now used? Did you
> put all the file in the correct places and did you remove all files
> from the older version?
>
> In the end upgrading turned out to help after all. I'm using Texlive2007 on
Fedora11 (I haven't quite gotten used to Texlive) and it turned out to have
an hopelessly dated version of url.sty. Updating that made biblatex 0.8 to
work and processing my document with it rendered the correct bibliography.

Now the fact that the document worked on another machine under biblatex 0.7
and under my current machine with biblatex 0.8 makes me suspect it had
something to do with a corrupt style file as Torsten suggested. Well, I'm
not going to experiment more with it now that it works!

> > Not sure if it's meaningful but the attached small example works (!)
>
> Well working example are in general not really useful to find
> problems in non-working documents.
>
> Furthermore, the document I submitted had *nothing* to do with the problem
as it didn't even contain a citation command. I'm sorry about the noise...

Thanks for all the help!

best,

/h