[texhax] biblatex and tex4ht

Christoph Haug christoph.haug at gmail.com
Sat Aug 15 01:28:27 CEST 2009

hi (esp. to Radhakrishnan and Karl),

if I understood Karl Berry's message (17 Jul 2009) correctly, he and
Radhakrishnan are taking over the maintenance of tex4ht? This is great
news! Thank you, guys!

Karl's and Radhakrishnan's recent postings regarging biblatex helped
me a lot and I'm looking forward to the release that will fix the
problem.

Here is another issue that bugs me in using biblatex and tex4ht together:

I always get the following error on \printbibliography (if I don't
include a bibliography, everything works fine):

! Undefined control sequence.
<argument> ... \c at refsection -\bib at field@entrykey

That error can be ignored by pressing enter (quite a few times) and
the bibliography will be produced anyway, with no apparent errors, as
far as I can see. The error should be reproducable with the sample
files posted earlier on this list
(http://tug.org/pipermail/texhax/attachments/20090716/cca290bc/attachment-0001.zip)
by adding \printbibliography to the document.

a second issue is that I am getting an extra space after the first
paranthesis in author-year styles, i.e. Author ( 2009). I also found
some irrelavent spaces after a quotations mark ("). It's not a big
issue since it can easily be fixed manually with seach&replace, but it
might be worth fixing it sometime anyway. - Or maybe I am doing
something wrong? I think, also this can be reproduced if you change
the test-files mentioned above to an authoryear-style and use
\parentcite or \citet or so.

About my system: I am working with MikTeX but I uninstalled the te4ht
MiKTeX package and installed the latest bugfix-version from
http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/bugfixes.html. (see
http://schlosser.info/latexsystem-en.html#x1-200003.6).

Finally, I was confused that some of the files from the latest tex4ht
bugfix-version (http://www.cse.ohio-state.edu/~gurari/TeX4ht/fix/tex4ht-1.0.2009_06_11_1038.tar.gz)
are actually older than the ones in the latest MikTeX-package. Maybe
this is due to the packaging? Or are the files in the MiKTeX pakages a
different tex4ht edition altogether?

Thanks for any help or comments.

Christoph