[texhax] Examples of books written using LaTeX/TeX and related tools

John Culleton john at wexfordpress.com
Fri Aug 7 17:06:31 CEST 2009

On Friday 03 July 2009 01:19:25 pm Niall Mansfield wrote:
> Folks occasionally ask about what sort of books can be produced
> using (La)TeX.  We've recently published a couple of books using
> only LaTeX and other free tools.  The first one is unusual
> because it's in full-colour and
> contains hundreds of photographs and other illustrations.

Here is an ironic example. I needed to do an e-book full of illos.
I first set it up in Scribus.  Scribus generates very large pdf
files. The Web host (Booklocker) had a limit on file sizes. So I
redid it in pdftex to get the file size down.

The irony is in the subject of the e-book. See below.
--
John Culleton
Create Book Covers with Scribus/e-book $5.95