[texhax] figures point by point

Donald Arseneau asnd at triumf.ca
Wed Apr 15 22:30:41 CEST 2009

Mohamed HOUSSNI <mohamed.houssni at e-press.co.ma> writes:

> I am a LaTeX user then when I compile my file and displaying the dvi some
> figures take many resources and much memory for display and I would like to
> know if there is a technical and automatical way to detect theme before ?

It isn't really what you are asking for (I'm not sure what you are really
asking for) but there is

\usepackage[draft]{graphicx}

(or "graphics" or whichever package declaration you use for
graphic inclusing... ass "draft" to the options)

That will omit all the images, placing a box in their place.

Other possibilities are to produce ps or pdf files and
view them.

Maybe your particular dvi viewer has a setting to cache
the images, but you will have to check its documentation,

Donald Arseneau                          asnd at triumf.ca