[texhax] URGENT: Will Pay for Written Style File

Martin Schröder martin at oneiros.de
Fri Apr 10 00:46:49 CEST 2009

2009/4/8, William Adams <will.adams at frycomm.com>:
>  Looking at it, it's kind of hard to take seriously given that it
>  includes bad links like:

Of course you can't take this seriously.

ASU is (IMHO) a company with 3000 employes and a budget of 500 Million
US$, serving 67000 students. The main work these 70000 people do is
writing texts (homework, articles, thesis, books, ...).

And this company doesn't care about the tools these people use for
that, since
- the format manual is written in Illustrator(!) with Helvetica.
  Obviously no money is spend for CI. And the College of Design is
  either run by idiots ("reputedly rigorous and highly ranked") or has
  been ignored
- it seems no money is spend supporting the tools used mostly in the
  university (be it Word, OO or LaTeX). I expect a company as this to
  have at least a dozen full time (La)TeX supporters and at least one
  full time (La)TeX programmer.

Btw: I count three Colleges of Teacher Education and Leadership and
one School of Journalism and Mass Communication in the wikipedia
article (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arizona_State_University). I
shudder when I think what these graduates learn about text writing
tools.

Sorry for the rant.

Sharon, please check this manual with someone from the Design college.

Best
   Martin