[texhax] URGENT: Will Pay for Written Style File

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Wed Apr 8 19:13:23 CEST 2009

On Apr 8, 2009, at 12:33 PM, Sharon Baker wrote:

> You can find it here.  I had attached it to the very first email, but
> the admin had to delete it because he thought it might be too large
> and might not get to some of your inboxes.  My apologies for that.  I
> realized later I should have included the link.
>
> http://graduate.asu.edu/formatmanual.html

Thanks.

Looking at it, it's kind of hard to take seriously given that it
includes bad links like:

http://graduate.asu.edu/format/UsingStlGds.html

(apparently that should be http://graduate.asu.edu/recstyleguides.html )

Which begs the question of what your major of study is.

especially when one of the bad links is to:

http://graduate.asu.edu/format/FMchanges.html

Rather seems important for that to be up-to-date.

Also when it has contradictions like:

``You cannot rely on other theses and dissertations—whether
library or departmental copies—to format your document.
Someone else’s document is not an acceptable style guide.''

Yet they suggest when using a style guide from a journal to sample an
article and provide that as an example.

I suspect that just adding \usepackage{mathptmx} will get one most of
the way there --- certainly it'll change the look sufficiently that
they won't realize that it was done using LaTeX.

William

--
William Adams
senior graphic designer