[texhax] [IC/Admin] Putting image *data* inside a TeX/LaTeX file?

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Wed Apr 8 13:19:48 CEST 2009

Jorge Stolfi wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I need to create a LaTeX style for technical report covers. The cover
> is to show the institution's logo, which exists only in bitmap form.
>
> Normally I would provide the user with two files, the "report.sty" and
> a "logo.eps" file. However, life would be simpler for users if they
> had only one file to download.
>
> So, is there a way to include the image pixel data (or the contents of
> the "logo.eps" file) in the "report.sty" file itself? Say, within a
> largish "\special" command?
>
> Thanks, and all the best,
>
> --stolfi
>
> Jorge Stolfi
> Institute of Computing
> State University of Campinas (UNICAMP)

at our University we just got a new logo made of two letters from a
special 'graphical' font. Instead of installing a font just to use two
letters I just traced it using tikz, no-one can see the difference, so
now I don't have to distribute an extra font or some graphics containing
the logo in all needed colors.

/daleif