[texhax] TeXLive2008 for Kubuntu

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Wed Apr 1 01:45:44 CEST 2009

    you do not want to have both TeXLive 2007 (from Ubuntu) and TeX Live
    2008 (from TUG) installed at the same time

Why not have them both installed at the same time?  What does it hurt?
That'd my advice, in general.  Unless there's a disk space issue.

The Ubuntu packages can have Ubuntu LaTeX to satisfy their dependencies,
and you can have TL installed (in /usr/local) for real work.  The TL
install does not interact with the system stuff in any way, unless you
go out of your way to make it do so.

Lars, I'm sure you know this, though, so I'm confused about what you're
saying.

Not knowing anywhere near enough French or Danish to read either
article, I guess I remain ignorant :).

karl