[texhax] hyperref for dvips

Reinhard Kotucha reinhard.kotucha at web.de
Mon Sep 15 23:08:01 CEST 2008

mahi writes:

 > I am MikTeX user, i am using hyperref package with dvips option to
 > get linking in the pdf. The problem is if i use this package with
 > pdflatex the links are going to the particular place where it is
 > required, but if i use dvips option after creating the pdf the
 > links are going to that page not particular place.

Hi mahi,
remove the dvips option.  Hyperref is smart enough to find out whether
you are creating dvi or pdf.  You have to specify a driver in very
rare occasions only.

I don't know why you specified a driver at all.  Who asked you to do
it?  Please ***never*** search Google if you encounter a problem with
LaTeX.  There is too much crap in the internet.  The only reliable web
site is:

  http://www.tex.ac.uk/cgi-bin/texfaq2html?introduction=yes

Regards,
   Reinhard