[texhax] repository of sample TeX files??

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Wed Sep 3 15:53:31 CEST 2008

On Sep 3, 2008, at 12:31 AM, Daniel Wyckoff wrote:

> I'm at the relatively beginning stages (1000 lines) of writing my
> own open-source DVI previewer which I plan on embedding in a future
> educational math-visualization software project.  It's going great.
> I'm really seeing how much fun programming my own stuff can be (as
> opposed to programming useless bells and whistles for a dot com, my
> last real job many moons ago).  Anyway, I was wondering if anyone
> can point me to some repository of sample TeX files, preferably
> mathematical, that I can use to test/QA my DVI previewer.  Nothing
> too fancy, but preferably a wide variety.  I already checked out the
> TeX Showcase linked to TUG's home page and found some good stuff
> there, but was itching for some more.

Have you looked at www.arxiv.org?

Lots of stuff there, w/ the source available for download.

Or just look at some of the math tutorials (Grätzer's Math into LaTeX)
and chunk that down.

Or, grab one of the opensource math textbooks which uses LaTeX:

http://linear.ups.edu/opentexts.html

Compleat site on this sort of thing here:

http://opensourcemath.org/

William

--
William Adams