[texhax] A new question not in the TeX FAQ

Fri Oct 31 15:43:22 CET 2008

Jeney Gábor schrieb:

> I am an associate professor at the Budapest University of Technology and
> Economics, using (and also teaching) LaTeX, and I have the following
> question which I have not been able to find any explanation up to now:
> inside the \label statement, it is not possible to use the \usebox
> command. It is quite strange, since any other commands can be used
> there. I show the code which helped me to discover the problem:

\newenvironment*{tabl}[3]{% #1: caption, #2: label, #3: columns

\begin{tabl}{Wise statements}{wise}{c|r@{,}l}
Expression & \multicolumn{2}{c}{Value} \\\hline
$\pi$ & 3&1415927 \\
$\pi^\pi$ & 36&46216 \\
$\pi^{\pi^\pi}$ & 80662&666