[texhax] Control blank area at beginning of chapters

Thomas Dukleth texhax at agogme.com
Wed Oct 29 07:53:15 CET 2008

Thank you very much.  Apparently, I will need to upgrade to memoir
1.61803 to use the new easy customisation commands which have been
included in the style suggestions from Lars Madsen.

I expect I will acquire the upgraded memoir automatically when I replace
my current Debian GNU/Linux etch stable packaged version of TeX Live 2005
with the new standard TeX Live 2008 distribution.  I already had needed to
upgrade LaTeX completely to avoid upstream LaTeX line breaking bugs
involving fonts for some punctuation which have been trapped in Debian
etch from the point when Debian etch package development was frozen in
preparation for stable release.

I will wait until upgrading in a couple of weeks or so to read more about
the new memoir commands.

Thomas Dukleth
Agogme
109 E 9th Street, 3D