[texhax] Paper size issues with RevTeX in combination with pdfTeX...

Susan Dittmar SDittmar at eureca.de
Tue Oct 28 16:18:36 CET 2008

Quoting Daniel Freedman (freedman at physics.cornell.edu):
> RevTeX4 allows one to specifically define the papersize as an option
> to the class:
>
>   \documentclass[letterpaper]{revtex4}
>
> This works fine for me when compiling with the LaTeX -> dvips ->
> ps2pdf route.  However, it does not work for me with pdfTeX.  Instead,
> that compilation route seems to instead extract page size from the
> options in '/etc/texmf/pdftex/pdftex.cfg'

The following is taken from typearea.sty (koma-script):

\AtBeginDocument{\scr at ifpdfoutput{\pdfpagewidth=\paperwidth\pdfpageheight=\paperheight}{\AtBeginDvi{\special{papersize=\the\paperwidth,\the\paperheight}}}}

I suspect you will have to make sure all those commands are availlable (or
substituted), but perhaps that helps towards your goal.

	Susan