[texhax] Problem with \begin{abstract} and \begin{keyword}

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at uninsubria.it
Wed Oct 22 11:12:46 CEST 2008

> I'm a beginner with LaTex, and I'm preparing an article to
> submit to Elsevier. So I'm using the elsarticle document
> class. Well when I include the \begin{abstract}, and
> \begin{keyword} nothing happens, nor even an error, but
> nothing different appears were it should be. Something
> similar occurs with the e-mail addresses of the preamble,
> they don't appear in footnote. I've already consulted the
> general and specific documentations. Furthermore the elsdoc
> (the specific documentation) says that the \begin{abstract}
> and \begin{keywords} must be in the preamble, it seems wrong
> to me, ad when I do that I get an error.

Why didn't you use the templates they provide?  If you do that, you get the
following, which works.

\title{My Title)}

\ead{e-mail address}

\ead{e-mail address}

\cortext[cor1]{Principal Corresponding Author}
\cortext[cor2]{Corresponding Author}
\address[focal]{My Address}

My article abstract

my \sep keywords