[texhax] Problem with \begin{abstract} and \begin{keyword}

Rodrigo Aluizio r.aluizio at gmail.com
Tue Oct 21 19:27:39 CEST 2008

I'm a beginner with LaTex, and I'm preparing an article to submit to Elsevier. So I'm using the elsarticle document class. Well when I include the \begin{abstract}, and \begin{keyword} nothing happens, nor even an error, but nothing different appears were it should be.
Something similar occurs with the e-mail addresses of the preamble, they don't appear in footnote. I've already consulted the general and specific documentations. Furthermore the elsdoc (the specific documentation) says that the \begin{abstract} and \begin{keywords} must be in the preamble, it looks like wrong to me, ad when I do that I get an error.

Well, I wasn't able to find a correspondence list to write to, so I'm as king for help here, but I know that probably the wrong way to do that... Any way I'll appreciate if someone could help me.

Thank you fot the patience and attention!

Bellow is the code:

\title{My Title)}

\ead{e-mail address}

\ead{e-mail address}

\cortext[cor1]{Principal Corresponding Author}
\cortext[cor2]{Corresponding Author}
\address[focal]{My Address}

My article abstract

my \sep keywords

\section{Materials and Methods}

\bibitem % My bibliography, several entries
MSc. Rodrigo Aluizio
Centro de Estudos do Mar/UFPR
Laboratório de Micropaleontologia
Avenida Beira Mar s/n - CEP 83255-000