[texhax] (no subject)

Lars Madsen daleif at imf.au.dk
Tue Oct 21 13:47:05 CEST 2008

ayar at bilkent.edu.tr wrote:
> Hi,
> I have a problem about adding boundaries to an equation. I added \left[
> to beginning of an equation, and \right ] to end of the equation. after i
> compile my project, in pdf the close of the boundary is not seemed. i try
> it several times, but it has not done. what can be the problem and how can
> i solve it? thanks for your help..

please provide a minimal example displaying the problem. There can be a
number of reasons, so it is a lot easier for us to help, is you show
some code.

Please remember that this DOES NOT WORK:

\begin{align*}
  f(x) ={} & \left[   blah blah
  \\
          + blah balh \right]
\end{align*}

you cannot have a \left and a \right on different lines like that. In
this case one would have to scale the []'s by hand.

/daleif