[texhax] Execute other Program, or parse....

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Tue Oct 14 04:55:40 CEST 2008

> I've been working with LaTeX for a while and had an idea I wanted to
> work on. I implemented the basic algorithom in C++. Now I'd like to
> make package. I've been reading through documentation on the
> `programming' aspects of TeX and LaTeX, but can't find out how to
> either  execute another program (Preferable solution) or parse a
> command's input (eg, access newcommand's #1 in individual characters).
> If anyone could tell me how to do either, I would be very greatful.

There was a recent discussion on the use of write18 that did a pwd.

and another one I found by google:

That's pretty powerful!

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  toms at ncifcrf.gov
  permanent email: toms at alum.mit.edu