[texhax] Problems with shapepar

Joel Coltoff joel at wmi.com
Mon Oct 13 15:02:38 CEST 2008

I've got a problem that I can't quite get a handle on.
I'm trying to use shapepar (Version 2.1, 2006-11-18) to
typeset some text in a circle. I get the following error

   ! Arithmetic overflow.
   \fpdivide ...1=\dimexpr #1*\p@ /\@tempcntb \relax

The line number varies depending on how much text is
in the circle. i.e. how many lines are not commented out.
If there is a small amount of text then it works ok.

If I try another shape like heartpar or starpar it
works fine. Here's my input. For what it's worth, I'm
running MikTeX 2.7

Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetuer adipiscing elit. Vivamus
elementum posuere purus. Quisque hendrerit auctor ligula. Nam molestie
%scelerisque dui. Quisque sit amet arcu. Pellentesque elementum ligula
%sit amet nibh. In vel risus non sapien lobortis euismod. Morbi eu
%urna. Praesent urna eros, tristique sed, dapibus ac, auctor vel,
%nulla. Nulla posuere. Sed a pede. Pellentesque vel risus non lorem
%interdum mattis. Sed tincidunt.

  - Joel