[texhax] Information about document in the document

Tom Backer Johnsen backer at psych.uib.no
Tue Oct 7 10:09:58 CEST 2008

For some of the documents I write I would like to include a line in the
upper left corner of the first page containing (a) the directory and
name of the main file, and (b) the date and the time the document was
printed.  At the same time I would like to drop the date that appears by
default when using the \maketitle command.

I know about the \jobname command which gives the name of the main file
(without the extension), but how do I get hold of the (full) directory
path and the date/time?

Tom