[texhax] Burning a dvd.

Andy Farnell padawan12 at obiwannabe.co.uk
Sun Oct 5 16:24:48 CEST 2008

I use K3b on my Debian. Apparently to put it into Slack you
do something like:

Go to http://www.slackware.com/getslack/
and coose a mirror close to your location and
then browse to the directory
slackware-10.2/slackware/ap/
and there you will find
dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8-i486-1.tgz

# installpkg dvd+rw-tools-5.21.4.10.8-i486-1.tgz

# su -

http://www.slackware.com/getslack/
browse to the directory
slackware-10.2/extra/k3b/

Download
k3b-0.12.4a-i486-1.tgz package.

Install
# installpkg k3b-0.12.4a-i486-1.tgz

Then run
# k3b

YMMV with versions etc. Check on the latest appropriate
packages for your Slack distro for dvd tools and k3b.

Source:
http://www.linuxforums.org/forum/slackware-linux-help/47104-dvd-burning.html

a.

On Sun, 5 Oct 2008 08:56:33 -0400
John Culleton <john at wexfordpress.com> wrote:

> I asked this question on alt.os.linux.slackware via google groups but
> that site seems to be broken.  No posts since Oct 3 on any newsgroup.
> Anyhow---
> I have the dvd iso for Slackware current. I want to transfer that file
> to a dvd disk via my dvd-capable r/w drive. For a cdr I use:
>
> cdrecord dev=1001,0,0 filename.iso
>
> Will that work also for a dvd disk? Or is there a different
> incantation?
>
> I have already created some coasters fooling around, and the media is
> expensive.
>
> If necessary I can boot a Debian partition, but I hope it isn´t
> necessary.  I don´t speak Debian very fluently.
> --
> John Culleton
> Resources for every author and publisher:
> http://wexfordpress.com/tex/shortlist.pdf
> http://wexfordpress.com/tex/packagers.pdf
> http://www.creativemindspress.com/newbiefaq.htm
> http://www.gropenassoc.com/TopLevelPages/reference%20desk.htm