[texhax] Doubts

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sun Oct 5 05:42:15 CEST 2008

On  4 Oct, 2008, at 22:23, Reinhard Kotucha wrote:

> chandrasekhar s writes:
>
>> I am an undergraduate and I have some doubts in Latex. I need the
>> procedure for creating own packages in detail. It would be really
>> nice
>> if you explain it briefly.

Not an easy thing, really! If you have a recent TeX distribution (TeX
Live or MiKTeX), type in your terminal or Command Prompt

texdoc clsguide <enter>

It's better to use existing packages. The better source is "The LaTeX
Companion", 2nd ed. But see also Scott Pakin's

http://ctan.tug.org/tex-archive/info/visualFAQ/visualFAQ.pdf

>> To be specific there is a writing style called as "Edwardian Script"
>> in Ms word. I need that to be available in Latex.
>
> Hi Chandrasekhar,
> creating the tfm and fd files needed by latex is not trivial.  Maybe
> it's easier to use xelatex instead of latex.  xetex supports system
> fonts (fonts in c:/windows/fonts) directly.  No conversion required.
>
>  http://scripts.sil.org/cms/scripts/page.php?
> site_id=nrsi&item_id=xetex

See also Goossens'

http://xml.web.cern.ch/XML/lgc2/xetexmain.pdf