[texhax] Updating tlmgr

Karl Berry karl at freefriends.org
Sat Nov 29 23:09:07 CET 2008

Hi Richard,

    > http://www.tug.org/texlive/tlmgr.html
    During the update of bin-texlive, there was a "Does not look like a tar"
    error message.  At the end of the process tlmgr disappeared from the bin

Sorry to hear it.  I believe the underlying causes for that have been
fixed in the current tlmgr, FWIW.

    What is the best way to recover?

   I am testing this at home with a more complete installation than I need
   to be able to advice computer support staff in the Rutgers Math
   Department on installing TeX Live for a large number of users.

Hope it flies.  Let us know if problems persist.