[texhax] bibtex

Tom Schneider toms at ncifcrf.gov
Tue May 6 07:52:11 CEST 2008

Maheshwari

> I am struggling in bibtex, if anyone of u know how to delete a dot
> at the end of the bibliography for a particular references.
>
> e.g.  Korb, K.B. (1995). Persons and things: book review of
> {B}ringsjord on robot-consciousness. {\em{Psycoloquy}}, {\em{6}}(15)
> Retrieved May 29, 2994, from
> http://psycprints.ecs.soton.ac.uk/archive/00000462/.
>
> for this reference i don't want dot at the end of the bibliography

The dot is programmed into the .bst file.  So in theory you can
reprogram it not to be there.  The bst language is somewhat weird but
it is possible.  Of course you have to give up the bst you were using.

Having a period at the end of a URL is not good, but if you use

\usepackage{html}

you can have the links be active in your pdf(!) and it wouldn't matter
for the user, in that case anyway.

See:
http://www.ccrnp.ncifcrf.gov/~toms/latex.html#makebst
for more information and links.  makebst lets you make your own bst.
Tame the BeaST is about programming.

Tom

  Dr. Thomas D. Schneider
  National Institutes of Health
  National Cancer Institute
  Center for Cancer Research Nanobiology Program
  Molecular Information Theory Group
  Frederick, Maryland  21702-1201
  toms at ncifcrf.gov
  permanent email: toms at alum.mit.edu