[texhax] Newbie to Latex

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sat Mar 22 07:27:29 CET 2008

On Mar 21, 2008, at 12:38, Jean-Guy Murray wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I just installed Latex on my computer but cannot get it to work. I
> think it has to do with the TEX-distribution

I don't think so. If you install TeXnicCenter *after* you install
MikTeX, the former should set its paths correctly.

> I have defined the profiles LaTex=>DVI, pdf and PS but when I try
> to use the configuration wizzard, I cannot find the full path
> directory, where the executable (latex,tex, ect) of my TeX-
> distribution are located.
>
> I tried the following paths but did not get any where:
>
> C:\Program Files\MiKTex 2.7\
> C:\Program Files\TeXnic Center\
> C:\Document and Settings\Jean-Guy\My Documents\LaTex
> C:\Program Files\MiKTek2.7\bin

LaTeX=>DVI should be

LaTeX compiler:
C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\miktex\bin\latex.exe

BibTeX:
C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\miktex\bin\bibtex.exe

MakeIndex:
C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\miktex\bin\makeindex.exe

LaTeX=>PDF

LaTeX compiler:
C:\Program Files\MiKTeX 2.7\miktex\bin\pdflatex.exe

Best,

Axel