[texhax] Newbie to Latex

Jean-Guy Murray jg.murray at videotron.ca
Fri Mar 21 19:38:51 CET 2008

Hi,

I just installed Latex on my computer but cannot get it to work. I think it has to do with the TEX-distribution

I have defined the profiles LaTex=>DVI, pdf and PS but when I try to use the configuration wizzard, I cannot find the full path directory, where the executable (latex,tex, ect) of my TeX-distribution are located.

I tried the following paths but did not get any where:

C:\Program Files\MiKTex 2.7\
C:\Program Files\TeXnic Center\
C:\Document and Settings\Jean-Guy\My Documents\LaTex
C:\Program Files\MiKTek2.7\bin

When I try the above paths, the configuration wizzard gives the following message:

The application 'LaTex'has not been found in the directory of your TEX-distribution.

Please enter the directory where the executable file (tex.exe, latex.exe, ect) are located as your distribution's directory.

Could you please help me with this problem.

Thank you for your kind attention

Jean-Guy Murray
60 Les Cedres
Laval, Montreal, Canada