[texhax] Another interview with Donald Knuth

William Adams will.adams at frycomm.com
Wed Jun 25 13:44:04 CEST 2008

On Jun 24, 2008, at 3:17 PM, Nelson H. F. Beebe wrote:

> More and more publishers are converting their online journal Web
> data to Unicode, and probably their journal production as well.
> We're going to see a lot of these kinds of problems for the next
> couple of decades, I suspect.

I've _been_ seeing these things for more than the past decade and am
really tired of it.

Probably wouldn't be so irritated by this sort of thing if I hadn't
spent a significant chunk of time at my previous job making a couple
of hundred characters for use on www.medabbrev.com

And of course, there's the perfect hindsight thought of, ``if only Tim
Berners-Lee had looked more towards TeXview.app on his NeXT Cube and
used it as the basis for how to render text (and math) in

William Adams
senior graphic designer
Fry Communications