[texhax] Basic error with installation

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Thu Jul 17 04:50:40 CEST 2008

On  16 Jul, 2008, at 19:12, Axel Schneider wrote:

> Hello, I read all FAQ and the Documentation, but appear to be lost
> at a basic error at installation.
>
> After downloading texlive2007-live-20070212.iso.zip, extracting the
> zip, and extracting the iso (with isobuster), I tried to install
> the package on my win xp pro notebook by executing C:\...\Desktop
> \Tex Source\TeXLive2007\setuptl\tlpmgui.exe and immediately and
> repeatedly received the following error msg
>
> Error in startup script
>
> wrong # args: should be "set varName ?newValue?"
>    while executing
> "source $filegui"
>  (file "C:/Dokumente und Einstellungen/Axel Schneider Admin/Desktop/
> Tex Source/TeXLive2007/setuptl/tlpmgui.exe/main.tcl" line 363)
>
> I very much hope that you can help, as I need Tex desperately.

This is not the help you want, but let me tell you that on Windows I
couldn't install TeXLive either (on Linux and Mac I had no problems
at all). MikTeX, on the other hand, installed smoothly. Hope someone
can help you with TL, but MikTeX is always an option (and very up to
date).

http://www.miktex.org/

Best,

Axel