[texhax] grouping attributes (text color)

George Georgalis george at galis.org
Mon Jan 28 21:05:26 CET 2008

In an itemized list I have some Verbatim text like so:

\item Some text.

\begin{Verbatim}[formatcom=\color{favorite}]
some technical details
\end{Verbatim}

\item More text.

Multi-color fancy headers/footers are also used in this (pdflatex)
doc. It seems that when the Verbatim text is near a page break, my
favorite color is applied outside Verbatim section or vice versa.

In other docs I use a floating table to wrap the Verbatim section
and I never saw this problem.

I presume the text color changes are not adequately "protected" or
reset across header/footer on page rendering. Is there a way to
fix this without using floating tables? I'd like the ability to
prevent a pagebreak within a Verbatim, but hopfully the fix will
allow the possibility of Verbatim crossing page boundaries.

// George

--
George Georgalis, information system scientist <IXOYE><