[texhax] xymatrix question

Justin C. Walker justin at mac.com
Mon Jan 28 03:11:18 CET 2008

Hi, all,

The snippet below shows a problem I have with xymatrix: if I want to
"bracket" a matrix as shown here, as I add more rows, the "box"
around the diagram doubles in comparison to the size of the content.
I did a quick check of the FAQ and the xy doc, but nothing leapt out
as being directly relevant.

Is this expected behavior?  Explanations or fixes (so the diagram
only takes up as much space as it would seem to need :-}) are
appreciated; pointers to same would help as well.

Thanks for the help.

Justin

\documentclass[11pt]{article}
\usepackage[all]{xy}