[texhax] Help me to install TEXLIVE2007 Thanks

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Fri Jan 18 08:33:10 CET 2008

On  17 Jan, 2008, at 21:22, Nguyen,Tho Truong wrote:

> hey
> how are you doing?
> I am trying to install TexLive 2007 and somehow it doesnt
> work..wont lets me install TEXLIVE.. Lets' me install MIKTEX
> Could you lets me know how to install and get TEXLIVE 2007 To work?

I don't use Windows as my working platform (I use Mac OS), but I have
Windows in a virtual machine, and my experience has been the same ---
I installed MikTeX without any problem (first, MikTeX 2.5; yesterday,
MikTeX 2.7), but I couldn't get a working installation of TeXLive.
It's been quite easy on Linux and Mac, but not on Windows.

Now ---if you have succeeded installing MikTeX, why do you want to
install TeXLive? For what I see, MikTeX is a very complete
distribution, and, for example, TeXLive 2007 comes with XeTeX 0.996,
whereas MikTeX 2.7 has already XeTeX 0.997 (the latest version from