[texhax] Heading question

Michael Doob mdoob at ccu.umanitoba.ca
Wed Feb 27 20:55:50 CET 2008

On Wednesday 27 February 2008 11:14 am, D. R. Evans wrote:
> D. R. Evans said the following at 02/27/2008 09:56 AM :

> I looked in the source code too, but I couldn't see anything obvious that
> addressed the question I raised.

Maybe I've misunderstood the question. Here's what I had in mind for you.

Define a new conditional
\newif \iftitlepage

and when you start a section use something like
   #1 % section title printed, possible page eject and maybe other stuff

For producing the correct headline use something like
  {\iftitlepage \hfil \global\titlepagefalse % do nothing on a title page
         %print odd headline
         %print even headline

I'm up to my ears in stuff today, so this is untested. Nonetheless, the
main ideas should work without difficulty if my understanding of the
problem is correct.

Give it a try, and if there are problems feel free to get back to
me either off line or through this listserv.

Michael Doob                    Telephone: (204) 474-9796
Department of Mathematics       Fax: (204) 474-7606
University of Manitoba          email: Michael_Doob at umanitoba.ca
Winnipeg, MB, Canada R3T 2N2