[texhax] Maemo tex: cannot install new fonts?

Dmitry Golovaty dmitry at uakron.edu
Fri Feb 15 06:02:40 CET 2008

I am attempting to install amsfonts in maemotex distribution for the
tablet OS2008 on Nokia N800 internet tablet. The distribution itself
works fine; I have copied the fonts tmf and pfb files to the
appropriate subdirectories of the texmf/fonts/ams/ directory and run
texhash. However the fonts are not visible as I keep the error

!pdfTeX error: pdflatex (file msam10.pfb): cannot open Type 1 font
file for reading

I have also tried to fiddle with adding the map file using updmap but
did not get anywhere ... I am not sure if the distribution has all
utilities needed to add new fonts ( the list of maemotex distribution
files can be found at
https://haspe.homeip.net/projekte/ddi/browser/tex/maemotex/maemotex-source-lsR
).
Any help would be greatly appreciated.