[texhax] \healine in LaTeX

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Fri Feb 15 05:25:14 CET 2008

On  14 Feb, 2008, at 12:25, £ukasz wrote:

> Hi.
> I'm quite new in LateX and TeX. I want to create my
> own headline in LaTeX without using external packages.
> In TeX i can use \hline={...} function.
> Unfortunately when i'm using it in LaTeX it does't
> understand it at all. The Question is ... how can i
> define my own headline ? :)

See if this helps

Otherwise, you have to look for the headings definitions in the class
you're using and change it.

But you're really missing simplicity by not wanting to use external
packages ---fancyhdr, for example. In your terminal (or, if Windows,
at the command prompt) type

texdoc fancyhdr

and hit return.