[texhax] TEX 2008

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sun Feb 3 08:25:35 CET 2008

On  31 Jan, 2008, at 16:11, Louis S VanSlyck wrote:

> The membership renewal form is a little confusing.

I don't know about this, but...

> I'm about to update my G4 running OS X 10.9

Leopard is 10.5; I'm still using Tiger (10.4).

> to a MacMini

> I wan't to upgrade from TEX Shop to the latest version.

TeXShop is really a front-end to a TeX distribution. I guess what you
mean is you're using gwTeX. But be sure, when you install MacTeX,
that you have the latest TeXShop version; see

> Along with my dues should I purchase TEX Live 2008, or do I need
> MacTEX?

With our membership we receive a DVD with distributions for Linux,
Mac (MacTeX) and Windows, but you'll have to wait till summer for
TeXLive 2008. You can download MacTeX from

If you subscribe to the TeX on Mac OS X mailing list

you'll find there people like Richard Koch and other MacTeX
maintainers, always willing to help us.