[texhax] problem installing TeX with Leopard

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sun Feb 3 03:02:06 CET 2008

On Feb 2, 2008, at 14:40, CHRISTOPHE CHAMLEY wrote:

> Dear Sir/Madam,
>
> I joined this morning TUG. I downloaded the MacTeX-2007 Package
> from your website and went through installation on my new MacBook
> Pro with a newly installed Leopard (10.5.1 with the updates
> downloaded two days ago from the internet).
>
> When I typeset a document (LaTeX or plain TeX), I get the following
> message:

and provide as much information as you can. I assure you you'll have
a working installation very soon.

> I thought that the package was self-contained.

Yes, it is. I have installed in 3 machines without a problem (in
Tiger, though; not Leopard).

> Do I have to wait for the CD (with my TUG membership I ordered
> extra the TeX Live CD).

No ---the disk image you downloaded is more recent and has a script
necessary for Leopard.

> Since I followed the standard procedure, I presume I am not the
> only one to have experienced that.

I don't recall any, but please ask in said mailing list.

Best,

Axel