[texhax] problem installing TeX with Leopard

CHRISTOPHE CHAMLEY chamley at bu.edu
Sat Feb 2 21:40:22 CET 2008

Dear Sir/Madam,

I joined this morning TUG. I downloaded the MacTeX-2007 Package from
your website and went through installation on my new MacBook Pro with
a newly installed Leopard (10.5.1 with the updates downloaded two
days ago from the internet).

When I typeset a document (LaTeX or plain TeX), I get the following
message:

*****************************
Can't find required tool
/usr/local/teTeX/in/i386-apple-darwin-current/pdftex does not exist.
Perhaps TeXLive was not installed or was removed during a system
upgrade.
If so go the the TeXShop web site and follow the instructions to (re)
install TeXLive.
Another possbility is that a tool path is incorrectly configured in
TeXShop preferences.

I thought that the package was self-contained. Do I have to wait for
the CD (with my TUG membership I ordered extra the TeX Live CD).

Since I followed the standard procedure, I presume I am not the only
one to have experienced that.

Any help to relieve my frustration would be most welcome.

Best,

Christophe Chamley
Boston University