[texhax] current position in output

Micha Hofri hofri at WPI.EDU
Sun Dec 28 18:52:14 CET 2008

A question about the frequent mention in this thread of pdftex, or
pdflatex:  it has been my understanding that as a frequent user of
pstricks (a marvelous tool!) I cannot use pdflatex (and routinely go
the dvi-postscript route, sometimes into pdf).

Is this true? Is pdflatex still unable to "do" pstricks?

On the other hand, pstricks seems to have awareness of the "current
position" on the page, which I occasionally use by trial-and-error.  is
there a way to get pstricks to tell us where is what?

Thank you,                    --Micha Hofri

At 11:39 on 12/28/08 David Kastrup sent:

: Uwe Lück <uwe.lueck at web.de> writes:
: