[texhax] December 2008 TUG news
karl at freefriends.org
Wed Dec 3 20:20:30 CET 2008
Dear TeX users,
The usual round of updates ...
- Software: The TeX Collection DVD was mailed a few weeks ago to all
(non-electronic) TUG members. It contains the new releases of TeX
Live, ProTeXt, MacTeX, and a CTAN snapshot.
- TUGboat: the third issue for 2008 was mailed a few weeks ago. The
next TUGboat issue will appear in spring 2009. Articles are most
welcome, as always; the deadline for submissions is March 31.
- Interview Corner: an interview with Boguslaw Jackowski and Janusz
Marian Nowacki, with samples of many of their fonts, has been posted.
Work on the printed book of interviews is continuing.
- Donations: a reminder that TUG has received a renewed development
grant from the same anonymous donor who generously provided support
last year, including a matching challenge of $10,000. We are raising
some institutional support, but individual contributions of any size
are very welcome and very important, both to TUG and to the donor. So
please consider donating to the development fund in general, or a
specific development project: https://www.tug.org/donate/
- The journal Mathematics in Computer Science has issued a call for
papers for a special issue on authoring, digitalization and management
of mathematical knowledge, topics that have always been part of the
TeX world. The deadline is January 5, 2009.
- One bit of Knuthian news: Knuth is no longer routinely writing
personal checks to finders of bugs, but creating personal certificates
of deposit (in hexadecimal dollars) at the Bank of San Seriffe.
And the upcoming 2009 TeX conferences:
- BachoTeX 2009 will be held in Bachotek, Poland, from
April 29-May 3, 2009. http://www.gust.org.pl/BachoTeX/2009/main-en.html
- TUG 2009 will be held at the University of Notre Dame in South Bend,
Indiana, USA, from July 28-31, 2009. http://tug.org/tug2009/
- EuroTeX 2009 will be held in The Hague, The Netherlands, from
August 24-28, 2009. http://www.ntg.nl/EuroTeX2009/
As always, we appreciate your support!
Karl Berry (President) on behalf of the TUG Board
More information about the texhax