[texhax] hyperlinked text using hyperref package

Dan Hatton vi5u0-texhax at yahoo.co.uk
Mon Aug 18 11:57:45 CEST 2008

On Sun, 17 Aug 2008, ANIRUDDHA MAJUMDER wrote:

> I am new user of TeX system and I use WinEdt 5.5 to edit TeX
> files. I want to write a report with hyperlinked text and
> graphics. For this I used the following preambles,
> \usepackage{graphicx} \usepackage{epsfig} \usepackage{amssymb}
> \usepackage[dvips,backref,colorlinks=true,citecolor=blue]{hyperref}

> I ran LaTeX on the source file and then dvi2pdf to get the pdf
> output. The problem is, in the pdf file the hyperlink property is
> nor presereved. I will be obliged if you could suggest me the steps
> to achieve the hyperlinked pdf output .

I get hyperlinks in my PDF files using the \htmladdnormallink{}{}
command, made available by \usepackage{html}, as documented at
<http://www-texdev.ics.mq.edu.au/l2h/docs/manual/Hnode1_ct.html#addnormlink>.
I generate the PDF using the command dvipdf, which may or may not be
the same as dvi2pdf.

--

HTH,

Dan Hatton