[texhax] text in blocks

Axel E. Retif axel.retif at mac.com
Sat Aug 9 06:06:06 CEST 2008

On  8 Aug, 2008, at 19:20, Alexandre Almeida wrote:

> Hi!
>
> I don't know how to make the text be displayed like this:
>
> Book review 1    This is a big book in every sense of the word.

[...]

> If I type a long line in the review, the next line will be displayed
> below the "Book review" number.

Would this work?

\documentclass{article}
\usepackage[text={30pc,44pc}]{geometry}
\usepackage{lipsum}
\usepackage{multicol}
\usepackage{tabulary}
\begin{document}
\begin{multicols}{2}
\lipsum[1]
\end{multicols}

\setlength\tymin{6pc}
\setlength\tymax{\maxdimen}

\noindent\begin{tabulary}{30pc}{@{}L J@{}}
Book review 1	&    	This is a big book in every sense of the word.
Drawing on more than two decades of scholarship in the field\dots\\
Book review 2	&    	The culmination of literally decades of careful
scholarship, this book is both magnificent and a bit frustrating\dots\\
Book review 3	&   	One of the drawbacks of the standard geographical
organization of the historical discipline\dots
\end{tabulary}

\begin{multicols}{2}
\lipsum[1]
\end{multicols}