[texhax] Graphics with plain teX
uwe.lueck at web.de
Tue Aug 5 00:31:56 CEST 2008
At 01:09 04.08.08, Karl Berry wrote:
> I've been searching for a way to typeset graphics in plain teX and
let me mention PiCTeX, just because I have dealt with it this year.
I'm attaching some "meta"-documentation for it.
But please don't consider this a recommendation!
Rather look at the UK FAQ:
Note that we haven't been sure here whether you want to
import or to draw graphics.
HTH -- Uwe.
-------------- next part --------------
DOCUMENTATION for PiCTeX
1. The macro file pictex.tex (or pictexwd.tex) contains a sober yet
comprehensive documentation. (Something similar holds for contributions
from other authors.)
2. Michael Wichura presented a description in TUGboat 9 (2), pp. 193-197
3. Michael Wichura's MANUAL -- today called `PiCTeX and Table Manual' --
is distributed by PCTeX:
4. Other overviews have been presented at least in Helmut Kopka's GERMAN
books on LaTeX extensions in the 1990s.
5. Another GERMAN reference list, a quite RECENT one, is Uwe Siart's PDF
on the web at
6. An early command summary has been Angus Duggan's PDF on the web at
7. You may like short descriptions of pictex including HINTS concerning
basic problems with PiCTeX
-- in the TeX Catalogue:
or in the TUG.org package information:
-- in the UK TeX FAQ:
[This file by Uwe Lueck (the wrong author for an overview) 2008/05/07;
More information about the texhax