[texhax] Vista

John Baldwin jbaldwin at uic.edu
Mon Apr 28 14:15:21 CEST 2008

Thanks for the suggestion. I also had written to miktex and got a slighlty
different answer - replacements for texmf and localtexmf are to be found
in users/administrator/roaming/ ....

I am having trouble finding the end of that chain. But the first part is
there while there is no file c:\miktexmf

If you are interested the thread on the miktex site I originated has more

setup did not I think ask where to put such things.

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008, Philip G. Ratcliffe wrote:

>> I have the following naive problem in trying to run miktex on
>> a new vista machine.
> So perhaps this would have been best addressed to the MiKTeX group.
>> No where can I find either the texmf folder of localtexmf
>> (maybe before I
>> just copied texmf into localtexmf and then modified and added
>> my special
>> configurations.
> Assuming you're using the latest version, as expressly mentioned in the info
> on the new format, there is no localtexmf and the base tree is probably
> C:\miktexmf2.7; the setup will have asked you what you preferred.
> You can still create a localtexmf if you wish.
> Cheers,  Phil

John T. Baldwin
Director, Office of Mathematics and Computer Education
Department of Mathematics, Statistics, and Computer Science
jbaldwin at uic.edu
Room 327 Science and Engineering Offices (SEO)
851 S. Morgan
Chicago, IL 60607

Assistant to the director
Jan Nekola: 312-413-3750