[texhax] Vista

Philip G. Ratcliffe philip.ratcliffe at uninsubria.it
Mon Apr 28 10:01:53 CEST 2008

> I have the following naive problem in trying to run miktex on
> a new vista machine.

So perhaps this would have been best addressed to the MiKTeX group.

> No where can I find either the texmf folder of localtexmf
> (maybe before I
> just copied texmf into localtexmf and then modified and added
> my special
> configurations.

Assuming you're using the latest version, as expressly mentioned in the info
on the new format, there is no localtexmf and the base tree is probably
C:\miktexmf2.7; the setup will have asked you what you preferred.

You can still create a localtexmf if you wish.

Cheers,  Phil